What's New in My Wardrobe - August Edition

    Hey y'all! So, welcome back! I hope you had a great week (I know mine was definitely interesting!) and I hope life is treating you well as we go through this Jumanji of a year together (hah!).


   So, this week's post is one you are familiar with by now, as I've done these posts for a couple of months now.


   Yep, that's right. It's a What's New week!


   So, I didn't necessarily buy anything new this month, but I did get a couple of pieces from my cousin! (Who doesn't love free hand-me-downs, right?)


   So, I'll be adding them to today's post. I may not be able to find the exact same pieces (as, like I said, I got these from my cousin), but as always, I will do my best to give you guys a pretty similar item! I hope you enjoy it!


Item No. 1

Grey Oceanside Zip-Up Hoodie, similar here

   Our first item is one that I am really excited about!

   I have been looking and wanting a cute zip-up hoodie for so long, yet never bought one until now.

   If you've seen my other post, How to Pack for a Weekend Getaway, you'll know that my family and I took a weekend trip to Oceanside, CA at the beginning of the month.

   And that is where I found this hoodie, which I love so much. Oceanside has to be one of my favorite places to vacay at, so why not bring home a souvenir that combines both of my favorite things?

   And, since this came from a souvenir shop, I was not able to find the exact match, but I did find another hoodie that's super cute!

Item No. 2

White Floral Tee, similar here

   Our next item is one from my cousin (as all the rest of the items today will be), so of course, I gave y'all an item that is super similar!

   I like this shirt, as it is such a feminine, light top that is perfect for spring and summer. I mean, who doesn't love flowers?

   Also, it's got such a cute fit, as it is fitted, but not too tight. Again, feminine. One thing I would say is a downer is the cut.

   Personally, I like my tops to be close to the neck in terms of hem, and I try to stay away from plunging neck-lines (for more reasons than one). And, I feel like this shirt is a little too low, as I found myself yanking at it and pulling on it.

   But, that's just my personal opinion! Moving on!

Item No. 3

High-Rise Cuffed Shorts, Target

   Finally, another good pair of shorts! Yay!

   Yeah, you know the struggle if you've seen last month's What's New...

   I love these shorts and I was actually able to give you guys the exact match! One thing I do not like about them though is the. Stinking. Rolled. Cuff.

   Rolled Cuffs + Washer/Dryer = Bad.

   Oh my goodness, I hate all shorts and their cuffs! Lol, the struggle is real trying to iron them back to normal all the time!

   But, I really do like the look of them when they're ironed and straightened!

Item No. 4 

Taupe Leather Skirt, similar here


   Okay, guys, I am actually super excited for this item!

   Leather skirts are such a trendy staple piece and I am super excited that I now own one! I think this is going to be a piece that I'll be wearing a lot this fall, as I already have some outfits planned...

   So stay tuned, my friends!

Item No. 5

Light Wash Mom Jeans, similar here

   I finally jumped on the bandwagon...

   Yep, I now own mom jeans. And who knew they could kinda be hard to style??

   Since this blog focuses on modesty, I don't wear crop tops, which are a huge staple item to wear with mom jeans.

   But, y'all know I love a good challenge! I am going to try to come up with a post for you guys styling these trendy pants hopefully this fall.

Item No. 6

Super Skinny Jeans, similar here

   I really wish I could find the exact copy of these jeans, because let me tell you, they feel like DENIM HEAVEN.

   When I put these on, they were so soft, so stretchy, so comfortable that I was absolutely shocked and IN LOVE with these jeans!

   I really don't know where my cousin got these from, but I wish I did so you guys could see what I'm talking about. I don't think I've ever owned a pair of jeans that fit me so well!

  So yes, you guys will definitely be seeing more of these jeans in the future. Though I could not find them, I did give you guys a link to Old Navy's super soft jeggings, which I think is a pretty good alternative.

   So, who's ready for fall? I totally am! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and are looking forward to the fall weather that is soon to be upon us.

   Stay tuned, as next week's post is going to be a fun one! (Pssst, keyword: Summer and Jeans!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budget Looks Under $60

What to Wear to Church This Summer

What's New in My Wardrobe - July Editon